Goal check-in for April
I set goals for the year and promised to update monthly. More or less. I’m doing Camp NaNoWriMo right now, so every minute I’m updating this blog, I’m not moving toward my goals with revising my novels, so I’m going to do a truncated check in:
My specific tasks for March were:
- Finish the re-plotting of what was formerly book two into book two and three. Done.
- Keep plugging away on the edits for book one. Almost no progress.
- Write the fight scene I keep procrastinating on. Started it twice. Ended up writing a fight scene for book five instead of book four…
- Write at least four blog posts about things I like instead of rants or critiques. Only managed two! But I also posted a little less often than usual.
- Draw something. Failed miserably.
My bigger goals for the year are:
- Write more, rant less. I mostly did well on this, though the craziness in Indiana and Arkansas (and other places) near the end of the month pushed me more into ranty than I’d like.
- Take care of myself. Did mostly well on this one.
- Enjoy time with friends. I did enjoy the time we spent, but didn’t make much effort to do more than the usual sorts of get-togethers.
- Paint, draw, and make music. The closest I came was making a few new playlists.
My specific goals for April are:
- Complete Camp NaNoWriMo: specifically, write 25,000 words worth of scenes to make 2 and 3 work as separate books, finish re-arranging the subplots for subsequent books in the series.
- Finish draft two of the Cthulhu Ponies map.
- Run episode three of the Cthulhu Ponies game.
- Complete layout and upload that book to the on-demand publisher.
- Write at least two blog posts about things I like, rather than ranting about things that outrage me.