Not fooling around with my goals this year!
My specific tasks for March were:
- At this point it’s time to just pack everything, so pack! We’ve been packing. There are boxes stacked everywhere.
- Get the new living situation sorted. We’ve contacted a number of property managers, but haven’t gotten a place nailed down.
- Make reasonable progress on writing/editing knowing that the above is going to eat up most of our available time.I got a small amount done, but not much.
- Disconnect from the internet at least one night each week. I managed to do this every week!
- Write at least two blog posts about things I like. I gave myself a lower number for this month because I figured with the packing and trying to find a new place I wouldn’t have as much time to write or blog. I still managed to beat this number by writing four posts about things I like!
My overall goals for the year, where I’m trying to follow the idea of replacing bad habits with better ones:
Don’t get mad, get busy. My tasks are: write about about things I love; listen to music and audiobooks more and podcasts less; spend at least half of my lunch break writing; set specific monthly writing/editing goals in each check-in; write at least one blog post a month about organizations we can donate to that are fighting the good fight.
I did fairly well on this one.
Reduce, pack, and prioritize. We now officially know that we have to find a new place to live this year. We have lots of stuff to go through and decide what to discard and what to pack.
Packing, hauling, getting rid of stuff continued apace. My hubby found a great charity to ship a lot of our books to. That helps me feel better about getting rid of them.
Take care of us. My initial tasks are related to some specific medical things that aren’t urgent, but need to be dealt with. I am going to remain vague on the details of this one.
My husband had his surgery and I tried to play nurse. He’s recovering, and it’s a great relief to get this taken care of before the move!
Submit and publish. Initial task was to organize how I’m going to find calls for submission and set reasonable targets for the novel revision/finalization.
I worked on three submissions. Got one done. I’m frankly amazed at the amount of progress I did make this time given everything else.
Finally, my specific tasks for March are:
- Pack and move!
- Pack and move.
- Squeeze some writing time in somehow.
- Remember to have fun at NorWesCon (whether we attend the whole weekend or not).
- Write at least two blog posts about things I like.