Software is weird (or, I don’t know if I was the fumble fingers or if the backend was)
If you followed a link expecting a post about birds and squirrels: Click here.
I wrote a blog post based on some texts that I sent to friends describing a weird thing that happened outside my window. I re-wrote and expanded the text more than a bit, and added a silly meme. I scheduled it to post in the morning and went to bed. The next morning I went to check something else on my blog, and saw that the post had gone live… except it was just the unedited text from the text messages. No meme picture, no corrected typos, et cetera.
I had to restore a saved copy to get the post back. I reposted it… but a DIFFERENT draft was what was visible after that. So I copied the text and code from the restored draft and made a new post.
I’m going to try replacing the weird post with this text. Who knows what will actually appear to the web when I click update.